Title: Adjudication Specialist
Hiring Range: $70,000 - $79,000
Agency: Dept of Health Professions
Location: Perimeter Center
Agency Website: https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
The Virginia Department of Health Professions (DHP) mission is to ensure safe and competent patient care by licensing health professionals, enforcing standards of practice, and providing information to health care practitioners and the public.
The purpose of this position is to safeguard the lives, health, and safety of the citizens of the Commonwealth, the Adjudication Specialist
provides professional legal support in administering the Agency's adjudication function by analyzing investigative reports, preparing cases for prosecution, presenting cases at informal and formal hearings, and making adjudication recommendations to Board Administrators.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate complex data and effectively convey findings orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of legal principles, practices, and processes.
• Ability to effectively manage time and assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Extensive experience in preparing witnesses for testimony.
• Extensive experience in presenting matters in judicial or administrative proceedings
• Extensive experience in drafting pleadings or memoranda based on analysis of legal and technical issues and factual reports.
• Law degree, bachelor's degree, paralegal degree or coursework in law, or appropriate combination of education and
• Comprehensive knowledge of legal/regulatory environment
• Knowledge of the Administrative Process Act
• Knowledge of laws and regulations governing health regulatory boards
• Prosecutorial experience
“As an employee of this agency, you are required to review and sign the Department's Confidentiality Statement, which will be retained in your personnel file.”
“As an employee of this agency, you are required to review and sign the Agency's Code of Ethics, which will be retained in your personnel file.”
“As an employee of this agency, you are required to successfully complete computer systems security training prescribed by this agency and in accordance with the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA). Successful completion of initial training and any subsequent updates is a condition of employment.”
*Conflicts of Interest information should only be included on the EWPs of persons required to submit a COI Statement of Economic Interests (see the Agency Coordinator if there is a question).
*This position requires a finger-print based criminal background check.
Name: Human Resources
Phone: (000) 000-0000
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.