Title: Administrative & Office Specialist III
Hiring Range: $29,772-$41,085
Agency: Dept Behavioral Health/Develop
Location: Southeastern Va Training Centr
Agency Website: https://www.sevtc.dbhds.virginia.gov/
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
This position provides administrative support to the Person Centered Services Department to include administrative duties in support of the entire Department. Responsibilities entail performing clerical and administrative duties.
This position is considered essential personnel and would be required to work in the event of an emergency or facility need. All SEVTC positions are required to work different shifts and/or overtime as requested. Pre service training class is 12 days long 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• Sets up department schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and schedules appointments.
• Requisitions and orders supplies as needed.
• Coordinates event logistics as needed to include internal and external meetings held at the facility.
• Drafts and prepares correspondence for department with minimum errors.
• Prepares letters, memos and mass mailings.
• Organizing forms and departmental records.
• Scans letters/reports determining what information is to be cross-filed and/or included in other reports.
• Ensures filing systems are organized, accurate and up-to-date.
• Takes minutes at meetings. Types up meeting minutes. Files meeting minutes.
• Updates manuals and policies.
• Maintain copier supplies and ensure that maintenance support is called in as needed.
• Prepare inventory and order office supplies for the Department.
• Coordinate B&G requests for Building 28/29.
• Coordinate and complete AR notifications (Written Document/Phone).
• Type and distribute Psychology reports (Internal and Community).
• Central point for conference room scheduling.
• Typing minutes for PCS Department.
• Type agenda and minutes for monthly department head meetings.
• Drafts and Prepares correspondence for the PCS Director with minimum errors.
• Assists SEVTC nurses to mail and track medication consents.
• Maintains departmental instructions on facility server.
• Review department requisitions to ensure that proper items are being ordered and there are no duplicates.
• Ensures Outlook Calendar is kept up to date and accurate.
• Coordinates EWP plans/evaluations for the PCS Director.
• Articulately respond to communications via phone and e-mail from internal and external customers.
• Run reports from various databases and manipulate extracted data into presentation- style documents.
• Updates the Emergency Management Plan manuals in building 29.
• Assists SEVTC nurses to mail and track medication and physical management plan consents.
• Once signed consents received from the AR. Distribute medication and PMP consents to the distribution list. Give a copy to HIM, Social worker, Nursing, SCC coordinator, Psychology, Residential manager (2 copies), ADR and one copy for filing). Document in spreadsheet.
• Notify nursing department if three attempts of obtaining consents failed. Send AR the notification letter.
• Make new mailboxes and labels as needed.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant for a Department Head or higher-level position. Experience maintaining appropriate filing systems. Experience researching and analyzing data to prepare and/or summarize reports for executive staff. Experience tracking progress and deadline dates for projects. Experience handling multiple tasks simultaneously in an executive office environment. Prior experience using MS Office Access databases preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse clientele to include individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of executive office management and administrative practices/procedures.
• Advanced clerical skills in proofreading and editing with correct grammar, punctuation and spelling for business communications.
• Advanced-level computer skills, including thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
• Ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence
Southeastern Virginia Training Center only accepts online applications via PAGEUP. Resumes and other documents may accompany the application but will not serve as a substitute for an application. Faxed, e-mailed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Please refer to your PAGEUP account for the status of your application and this position. This posting will remain open for a minimum of five (5) business days.
Southeastern Virginia Training Center offers a comprehensive benefit package to include your choice of four health insurance plans, paid life insurance and retirement plans, 12 paid holidays, annual and sick leave.
Commonwealth’s Alternate Hiring Process: In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx
, or call DARS at 800-552-5019.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact Human Resources at 757-424-8545 for assistance. Minorities, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY.
Southeastern Virginia Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities are open to all regardless of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics or disability.
DBHDS is a healthcare organization and must comply with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (federal CMS) guidance on Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care staff Vaccination Regulation which requires vaccination of all employees or an exemption. A job offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate meeting these guidelines as a condition of employment.
Name: DaShanta White, HR Recruiter
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.