Virginia Tech Athletics is seeking an Alumni Engagement Coordinator that will report to the Senior Associate Athletic Director, Inclusive Excellence & Alumni Engagement. The qualified candidate will have an internal title of Director of Student-Athlete Alumni Engagement and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Monogram Club including, but not limited to, providing a year-round communications and engagement plan, growing brand awareness, recognition and awards, event management, and volunteer management to create memorable experiences for former Virginia Tech student-athletes.
This position will work cross-functionally with several key stakeholders within the athletics department and across campus with an emphasis on membership growth. The qualified candidate will work closely with the Office of Student-Athlete Development team to assist alumni with resources to enhance professional development skills and engage with current student-athletes in professional development and mentorship opportunities.
Additionally, this role will serve as the lead for the Hokie Network (Athlete Network), ensure accurate and complete alumni database records, and create alumni affinity groups based on common interests and shared Virginia Tech experiences.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Marketing, Management, Sports Administration, Higher Education, or equivalent level training/experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with event planning and/or program development and implementation
• Ability to effectively collaborate with the necessary teams and individuals to ensure success, both within and outside of the external operations environment.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities and solve problems independently
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, and strategic-thinking skills with a willingness to take initiative and learn
• Experience in intercollegiate athletics, with a proven track record of successful project management, relationship management, and fundraising.
• Knowledge of a variety of technical tools and channels including, but not limited to, social media channels, digital assets, and relevant programs within the Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Demonstrated successful experience working with a diverse population and understanding of multicultural issues.
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Advancement HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.