The Artist Services Assistant supports the work of the programming unit of the Moss Arts Center by coordinating event-related preparation for visiting artists, such as lodging, transportation, hospitality, and related logistical support. The Assistant contributes to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for visiting artists and others engaged in center programs by exercising strong customer service and interpersonal skills and a high level of organization. Evening and weekend availability, punctuality, ability and willingness to work a variable schedule, ability to drive an 11-passenger van, and an acceptable, safe driving record are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, theater management, communications, business, or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience working or volunteering in a performing arts setting.
- Experience interacting professionally with a broad spectrum of event personnel such as guest artists, faculty, students, industry personnel, and others.
- Workplace, volunteer, or other experience requiring organization, planning, attention to detail, punctuality, and teamwork.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to work a variable schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Artist services experience, including work with artists, industry personnel, faculty, and students.
- Performing arts theater operations experience.
- Event coordination experience.
- Experience driving an 11-seat passenger van.
$39,000 - $42,000
March 1, 2023; applications accepted until position is filled
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Elizabeth Scharman at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.