Title: Assistant Athletic Trainers
Hiring Range: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Agency: Virginia Military Institute
Location: Virginia Military Institute
Agency Website: www.vmi.edu
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
This is an athletic department staff appointment in the office of Sports Medicine. This individual will report to the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and works directly with the Sports Medicine office, athletic department staff, Post Physician, Team Physicians, and other institute offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic team coverage for 18 sports.
• Primary sport coverage: First position with women’s soccer and baseball. Second position with cross country and indoor/outdoor track & field. Responsible for all aspects of medical coverage to include: Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletic injuries. Sport assignments subject to change.
• Communication with sports medicine staff, Post Physician, Post Nurse Practitioner, and Team Physicians, and department administration.
• Administrative duties to include: Claim forms in the insurance procurement process for athletics, purchasing of medical supplies & equipment, update Sports Medicine website, and CPR certification card documentation.
• Secondary contact for NCAA drug testing.
• Athletic training clinic at the VMI infirmary.
• Maintain full commitment to compliance with NCAA, Southern Conference, and Virginia Military Institute rules and regulations.
• Contribute to departmental administrative efforts and sports medicine coverage in other areas as needed in athletics and the Corps of Cadets.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Degree completed in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Heath & Human Services, or similar field of study.
• Master’s degree preferred in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, or Health & Human Services.
• 1-3 years of experience working in the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training field.
Master’s degree preferred in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, or Health & Human Services.
RMS provides a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS account to check the status of your application for this position.
Please include resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Official transcripts (Optional) In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.
Name: Tamara Wade
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.