Title: Audit Services Manager
Hiring Range: Negotiable to $115,000
Agency: Dept of Housing & Cmnty Devel
Agency Website: www.dhcd.virginia.gov
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development is actively recruiting for an Audit Services Manager. The Audit Manager will develop the agency’s annual audit plan and direct the department’s internal auditing actives. They will evaluate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; the adequacy of internal controls; and the economical use of resources in the accomplishment of program objectives.
The selected incumbent will plan, coordinate and conduct comprehensive programmatic, financial, operational, and information system audits and communicate findings and recommendations to management. They will also serve as DHCD’s Fraud, Waste and Abuse investigator, serve as the audit liaison for external audits, and supervise the ARMICS process.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and ability to:
• Develop audit programs for a government agency or diverse organization.
• Independently plan and conduct concurrent audits and analyze financial and non-financial data to arrive at logical conclusions and to identify areas of risk.
• Apply generally accepted accounting and audit principles and interpret state and federal laws, regulations and policies.
• Clearly and effectively communicate via written report, audit findings, recommendations, and corrective action plans to management in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is committed to creating safe, affordable and prosperous communities to live, work and do business in Virginia.
• Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards.
• Working knowledge of Commonwealth of Virginia’s administrative policies, procedures and standards.
• Considerable experience developing audit programs for a government agency or diverse organization.
• Considerable experience conducting internal audits and analyzing financial and non-financial data.
• Significant skills pertaining to audits, risk assessment, policy development, internal control objectives, and investigation techniques.
• Ability to understand and interpret State and Federal Laws, State and Federal Regulations and State Policies.
• Excellent written & oral communication.
• Graduation from an accredited college/university with major study in accounting, information systems, business administration, or related field. Progressively responsible auditing experience or equivalent combination of professional level training and experience.
• Experience working in state or local government
• Certification in one or more related professional areas, CIA, CPA, CISA, & CFE
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a state and federal criminal history background check, employment reference check and E-Verify. Other financial, credit, driving, or other background checks prior to employment may be required for certain positions. The selected candidate must complete a Statement of Personal Economic Interests as a condition of employment, if applicable (Va. Code § 2.2-3114).
Name: Human Resources
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.