Title: Building Automation Systems Operator
Hiring Range: Based on qualifications & experience
Agency: Virginia Military Institute
Location: Virginia Military Institute
Agency Website: www.vmi.edu
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Building Automation Systems Operator. Reporting to the Certified Energy Manager, the Building Automation Systems Operator manages the daily operations and maintenance of building automation systems which control various types of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems as well as the Heat Plant for the VMI Post.
· Operate the building automation system (BAS) to control and monitor the performance of HVAC and other systems across VMI Post and offsite facilities. Adjust setpoints and operating parameters of systems to try to maximize efficiency while still maintaining occupant comfort levels.
· Collaborate with stakeholders across different departments to ensure that HVAC and lighting systems are scheduled to support daily activities and special events.
· Work with VMI staff and outside contractors to maintain BAS systems, troubleshoot problems, and resolve equipment malfunctions.
· Maintain accurate records and drawings of projects, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities.
· Respond to emergency calls after normal working hours.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Strong computer skills including MS Offices products, drawing revision software, and database software.
· Ability to work from schematics, blueprints, drawings, written and verbal instructions.
· Experience in the use of test equipment and tools common to the HVAC trade.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
· Outstanding customer service skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
· Two (2) years of relevant professional experience in control or building automation systems (BAS) operation, installation, or maintenance. Preferred experience with Honeywell Tridium or comparable systems.
· Experience with facilities HVAC system operation and maintenance, preferably in a networked multi-building campus setting.
RMS provides a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS account to check the status of your application for this position.
Name: Tamara Wade
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.