Title: Business Analyst
Hiring Range: $88,000 - $100,000
Agency: Virginia Lottery
Location: Virginia Lottery
Agency Website: www.valottery.com
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
For more than 34 years, the Virginia Lottery has been building an amazing organization
committed to growth and giving back – and having fun while doing it. Operating entirely on revenue from game sales, rather than tax dollars, the Virginia Lottery generates more than $2.0 million per day for Virginia’s K-12 public schools. The Virginia Lottery also licenses and regulates casino gaming and mobile sports betting.
The Virginia Lottery, an independent state agency, is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join its Project Management Office.
As a member of the PMO, this position must align efforts with the Lottery’s strategic plans, goals, and objectives and must effectively communicate ideas and strategies upward and across the agency to peers and staff.
The Business Analyst (BA) will:
* Serve as the contact point for analyzing the business needs to identify business problems and propose solutions.
* Ensure developed systems are implemented as specified.
* Ensure established best practices instituted by the PMO are followed in accordance with established procedures and methodologies.
* Work with customers to understand the overall objectives and how the project or initiative correlates with business goals and strategies.
* Collaborate with business partners and end users to create project requirements, write requirements documents, draft return on investment (ROI) alternatives, create general designs and dataflow diagrams, and partner extensively with the Project Manager.
* Document various types of project artifacts, including scope documents, business rules, use cases, process flow diagrams, content analysis, technical specifications, vendor contracts and user guides.
The person selected for this position will have:
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with major studies in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field.
* Five-plus years of experience in business analysis in the information technology arena.
* Extensive knowledge of business issues and processes, as well as information technology, resources and enabling technologies.
* Strong organizational and time management skills and be detail-oriented.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening skills, as well as oral and written communication skills. (Duplicate?)
* Capability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical concepts to a wide audience.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, and Project).
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Preferred qualifications include:
* Advanced degree in Information Technology or related field.
* Demonstrated ability to create User Stories that reflect the business requirements.
* Working knowledge of defect management.
* Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), or a PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certification.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background investigation and possess a valid Driver’s License. Requires in-person work three (3) days a week. Minimum travel required.
The Virginia Lottery is an independent state agency, and as such all positions are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act, as well as most Executive Branch human resources policies. The Virginia Lottery is a fun place to work and values diversity in the workforce. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Virginia Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only online applications completed in their entirety will be accepted for this position. The Virginia Lottery will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact the Virginia Lottery’s Human Resources Department at (804) 692-7000.
This is the second posting for this position. If you submitted an application previously, you do not need to complete another one.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of candidates is received. After 5 business days, this position may be closed at any time.
Name: Debbie Omohundro
Phone: (804) 692-7206
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.