The Power and Energy Center (PEC) of the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) is seeking a creative, organized, driven, and skilled candidate for the position of Center Coordinator. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Center Coordinator will manage the Center communications and coordinate these efforts with those of the Department, College of Engineering, and other groups in ECE. Examples of communication products include annual reports, outreach to industry and government agencies, and event announcements.
Center Coordination includes administrative support for the research and scholarship programs for PEC faculty members. Scheduling meetings and supporting events to include an annual meeting, managing PEC Director’s calendar, assisting in preparation of reports and correspondence and interactions within and outside the university. Performing general administrative duties such as travel arrangement and reimbursement, support for proposal preparation management of funds to include coordination with ECE on research expenditure monitoring, member invoicing and effort planning/allocation for center faculty. THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION.
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as an understanding of effective graphic design, web publishing software and proficiency with standard office software tools.
- Ability to accurately complete work independently in a dynamic environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with faculty, staff, and students, demonstrating discretion in working with confidential information and sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit materials for the Center
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards for quality of work and timeliness.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration or related field and/or related training and significant professional experience.
- Knowledge of university organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- Experience with event planning.
- Knowledge of Virginia Tech OSP processes, systems and sponsored research procedure, VT Foundation procedures, Banner, and Chrome River.
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact K Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.