Title: FA302 - Executive Director of Admissions & Recruitment
Hiring Range: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Agency: Norfolk State University
Location: Norfolk State University
Agency Website: WWW.NSU.EDU
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
The Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment plan to include traditional and transfer markets at the undergraduate level. The Executive Director will possess strong analytic and technological depth, an eye for the possible, proven capacity for embedding enrollment within institutional values and aspirations and espouses a student centric philosophy. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Executive Director of Admissions & Recruitment serves as an integral part of the senior management team in the Division of Enrollment Management, is energetic and demonstrates initiative, creativity, a sense of humor, the ability to work well independently and in a team and manages multiple responsibilities concurrently.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Establishes systems and structures to aid in enrollment planning and decision making at all levels that lead to a continuous institution wide conversation as related to enrollment.
2. Directs the undergraduate recruiting process from point of prospect development through enrollment.
3. Manage territory recruitment within the Admissions staff
a. Partner in establishment of application and enrollment goals by territory
b. Empower individual admissions staff to develop a formal plan of territorial recruitment
strategies for their area
c. Ensure staff is working with students from the point of inquiry through enrollment
d. Keep staff focused on relationship building with students, parents, counselors, and other
e. Work with individual staff to ensure that each has exceptional delivery of cost and value
information as well as skills to close deals
f. Receive regular communication of performance metrics from staff
g. Ensure that staff fully understands and uses available technology resources to the fullest in territory management
4. Manage and supervise staff to include Associate Director for Recruitment, Associate Director for Admission Operations, Associate Director for Transfer Admissions, CRM Analyst and Administrative Assistant.
5. Develops and oversees a new student enrollment plan that centers on recruiting to retain.
6. Provides supervision, training, and ongoing staff development and mentorship for Division staff members as well as motivation to achieve and maintain a high level of productivity and
7. Remains current in understanding use of new technology and approaches utilized in college
8. Contributes to the development of annual enrollment management division plans that are consistent with the mission and strategic plan for the University.
9. Manages a strategy for student recruitment to travel planning, campus visitation and events.
10. Collaborates with the Director of Financial Aid to ensure the strategic use of institutional financial aid achieves enrollment and revenue goals.
11. Analyzes data and the current recruitment landscape to inform decision-making and evaluate current strategy to respond to changing markets and applicant pools.
12. Performs on-going staff evaluations to encourage professional growth and formally appraise staff annually.
13. Manages significant admissions budget with respect to University goals and guidelines.
1. Bachelors degree required
2. A minimum of five years of experience in higher education enrollment management/admissions
3. Exceptional computer skills
4. Exceptional communication skills, dealing with a wide variety of constituents
5. Demonstrated planning and exceptional organizational skills
6. Excellent supervisory, team building, customer service and leadership skills
7. Ability to think strategically
8. Familiar with Enrollment Planning Services (EPS) and Slate CRM
9. Familiar with the Ellucian Colleague Student Information System
1. Masters Preferred
Please submit the required documentation for full consideration:
Application and/or résumé for this position must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Job Board/Recruitment Management System (RMS). Mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications and/or résumés will not be accepted. Applicants who possess an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under the Department of Human Resources Management (DHRM) Policy 1.30 Layoff (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only), must attach these forms when submitting their state application and/or résumé. The decision to interview an applicant is based solely on the information received for this position from either the electronic application and/or résumé. RMS provides a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS account to check the status of your application for this position.
Norfolk State University conducts background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration. The type of background check(s) performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: criminal history, including sexual offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) records, license verification, and credit report reviews. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. As a finalist, you will be required to sign an Authorization to Release form. Norfolk State University utilizes Form I-9 and E-verify in the verification of eligibility for employment. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Name: Office of Human Resources
Email: No emailed documentation accepted
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.