Title: Engineering Tech Sr - Permits
Hiring Range: $45,816 - $74,451
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Lexington Residency
Agency Website: https://www.virginiadot.org/
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
Review, inspect and process new street additions and county bond projects and additions into the State Secondary System. Review, approve, process, issue and inspect work activities under permit, i.e. private and commercial entrance permits, utility permits and land use permits, to ensure compliance with agency standards and specifications and to ensure safety of the traveling public where permit work is taking place.
• Considerable knowledge of highway construction and roadway maintenance procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret site plans, road construction plans, property plats, utility plans and sketches.
• Ability to interpret VDOT Road and Bridge standards and spec, VA Work Area Protection manual, Access Management and Land Use Permit Regulations, and Subdivision Street Requirements.
• Ability to obtain necessary materials certifications needed with first 12 months of employment.
• Considerable knowledge of land use permitting processes and procedures.
• Skill in the use of computers and web-based applications
• Possess certifications in - Soils and Aggregate, Asphalt Concrete, Hydraulic Cement Concrete, Pavement Markings, Nuclear Safety and Erosion and Sediment control.
• Experience working with MUTCD, Virginia Work Area Protection Manual, Road Design Manual, VDOT Road and Bridge Standards and Specifications, Access Management Regulations and Land Use Manual.
• Experience in roadway construction and maintenance activities
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Once onboarded, this position may be eligible for telework opportunities; availability, hours, and duration of telework shall be approved as outlined in the Commonwealth telework policy. (only for eligible positions)
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application.
VDOT utilizes a market based pay program, which has been approved by DHRM. Therefore,
advertised rates of pay may or may not align with the Commonwealth pay bands.
VDOT is an emergency response agency, therefore you will work outside of normal work hours during emergency operations when services are needed.
Name: Michelle Small
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.