The Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI) is a state-wide, $17.5 million per year initiative designed to build an ecosystem of research, innovation, and workforce development to establish Virginia as a world leader in cybersecurity. CCI consists of a Hub headquartered at Virginia Tech in Northern Virginia and regional nodes across the Commonwealth, each led by a public institution of higher education and consisting of regional stakeholders in higher education, industry, local government, and economic development. For more information about CCI, visit https://cyberinitiative.org
The Executive Assistant will provide exceptional administrative assistance to the Executive Director of CCI. Primary responsibilities include managing and prioritizing the Executive Director’s schedule; making travel arrangements; coordinating visits to the Executive Director; and preparing for meetings and presentations to ensure that the office of the Executive Director operates in an informed and effective manner. The Executive Assistant will also draft correspondence for the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will respond to inquiries based on broad knowledge of CCI, screen and route correspondence to appropriate senior leadership; participate in the writing of CCI reports and the management of CCI programs coordinated by the Executive Director; and serve as an effective liaison with members of the CCI Network and partners in a professional, organized, and efficient manner. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative assistance for the CCI Executive Director, including planning and scheduling meetings and events, arranging logistics, taking notes and minutes as required. The Executive Assistant will process invoices, travel reimbursements, track office expenditures and provide general office management.
Infrequent travel within Virginia may be required. The position requires physical presence on the premises of the CCI Hub in Arlington, VA.
• Experience providing executive level management and administrative support.
• Proficiency in current office software such as email client, word processing, spreadsheets presentation and internal collaboration tools; willingness to learn and adapt to new software packages.
• Proficiency with virtual conferencing platforms, such as Zoom and MS Teams.
• Experience drafting and editing correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and other documents in a professional and efficient manner.
• Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively, demonstrate discretion in working with confidential information, and use of sound judgement in decision making.
• Professional communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all individuals in a diverse, multicultural environment.
• Written communication skills and the ability to prepare error free documentation and correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
• Experience with travel arrangement and reimbursement processes.
• Experience organizing complex meeting schedules with multiple constituencies and constraints.
• Experience working in higher education, providing administrative support.
• Experience with government-regulated procedures related to travel, records management, and procurement.
• Experience with Google platforms, including calendars, documents, and shared drives.
November 14, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Alex Tuuri at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.