The Financial Systems Lead provides system management for the Banner Accounts Receivable module, billing platform, and e-payment solutions in the Bursar’s Office. This position leads process and system improvement by identifying opportunities, evaluating requests, designing successful implementation strategies, and providing development support for robotics processing automations and other initiatives. Continual learning and awareness of new technologies available to enable effective accounts receivable processes are critical.
Day-to-day duties include system upgrade testing, error resolution, configuration, integration maintenance, and documentation. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate and interact effectively with both functional users and developers to successfully accomplish tasks. The position oversees one employee programming student fee assessment rules and performing the accounts receivable billing processes. They are responsible for ensuring these functions are effectively performed and for the successful implementation of new tuition and fee rates structures.
Reporting to the Bursar, the incumbent will also assist management by developing, maintaining, and running queries to provide ad hoc data reporting and analysis from the AR system for internal and external use.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business (Accounting, BIT), Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field of study.
• Ability to create technical documentation and develop and carryout testing plans.
• Strong desktop software skills including effective use of email, word processors, spreadsheets, and the ability to use these tools in conjunction with datasets and analysis.
• Working knowledge of relational database reporting tools including SQL, Microsoft Access, and/or others.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with coworkers, vendors, and the public while maintaining a customer centric approach to problem solving.
• Excellent decision making, time management, logical analysis, and planning skills.
• Technical knowledge, including development methodologies and implementation of software systems. Understanding of relational database design, job scheduling, and/or systems administration.
• Master's Degree in Business, Information Technology or related discipline
• Functional knowledge in the areas of university student and finance systems, including but not limited to: bursar, registrar, admissions, recruiting, academic history, graduation, banking, and online commerce.
• In-depth experience with one or more of the following modules in Banner or a similar ERP: Finance/Accounts Receivable/Financial Aid/Student.
• Accounting or Auditing experience.
• Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple tasks, gather requirements, communicate project status, and provide leadership and direction for the implementation process.
• Programming or other development experience, including but not limited to HTML or Robotic Processing Automation.
Salary range of $72,000-$76,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Zach LaCroix at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.