The Project Coordinator for HR Administration performs a wide variety of activities required to provide exceptional assistance to the AVP for HR Administration and the HR Administration team. Primary responsibilities include coordinating special projects, meetings, agendas, materials, preparations, meeting space/facility usage. Drafts documentation, correspondence, and presentations. Conducts thorough and accurate research. Anticipates leadership needs and proactively solves problems and/or independently handles issues as necessary. Manages projects independently, including conducting research and analyzing findings. Collaborates and partners with other team members to complete project objectives.
The Project Coordinator is also responsible for all financial requests and budget tracking for HR Administration funds, and provides general administrative support as needed for the AVP and HR Administration team.
• Highly organized with significant experience in providing administrative support to executive-level management
• Experience in supporting projects with multiple priorities, deadlines, and constituents
• Demonstrated discretion in working with confidential information and using sound judgement in decision making
• Proficient with electronic filing systems and backup
• Experience drafting and editing correspondence, reports, and other documents in a professional and efficient manner, including strong proofreading skills
• Demonstrated and proficient use of Microsoft Outlook to manage email and calendars
• Proficient with current office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to take initiative in fulfilling responsibilities and anticipating needs of supervisor
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
• Experience working in higher education providing administrative support for an executive or senior management level
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Commensurate with experience with a salary range of $38,000-$42,000 per year
February 3, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Marisela Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.