Reporting to the division HR Manager, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support within the CPIF HR team. This position performs a wide variety of HR support tasks and administrative duties. Primary responsibilities include assisting with wage payroll, leave entry, accident reporting, onboarding new employees, and processing separations; keying in various transactions into a number of different systems and applications; tracking HR tasks for the team; and maintaining human resources records for the Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities. Facilitates New Employee Orientation specific to the CPIF Division as well as coordination of all Pre and Onboarding tasks related to new hires.
• Experience providing customer service in a professional setting.
• Experience using computers including programs and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience handling and maintaining confidential records appropriately.
• Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work while managing multiple tasks simultaneously with successful outcomes within deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner; interact respectfully and comfortably with all individuals in a diverse, multicultural environment; remain calm and polite in stressful situations; exercise excellent judgment, discretion and initiative.
• Ability to develop ideas in a logical sequence, to process data efficiently, accurately, and develop effective solutions in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Completion of a two or four-year degree.
• Experience with large relational databases (e.g. Banner).
• Knowledge of university and/or state hiring practices.
• Experience with online applicant tracking systems and/or Human Resource information systems
Commensurate with Experience
January 26, 2023
• Work is performed in an office environment requiring considerable periods of sitting, with some standing and walking, bending, stooping, reaching and pulling; considerable repetitive movement through keyboarding and filing.
• Must have a driver's license check.
• Must have an acceptable and safe driving record.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact CPIF HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.