The Administrative Coordinator provides complex administrative support to the leadership team for the Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology (ICAT) and reports to the Director of Administration. The position will coordinate and schedule meetings, manage the Executive Director's calendar, often including arranging travel and other logistics for a variety of faculty, students, and visitors. The coordinator will assist the departmental Business Operations Coordinator and Director of Administration with daily purchasing and travel reimbursement processing as well as coordinating select special events. This individual will be highly organized, detail oriented, and maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality. Collaboration with various stakeholders is an important part of this role, so the selected candidate should have strong communication skills and capacity to effectively work both independently and with a team. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required with advance notice.
* Coordinate complex calendars and meeting arrangements for ICAT Executive Director and other key institute leadership
* Develop an understanding of the Executive Director's priorities, projects, and needs to ensure accurate time management
* Coordinate logistics for meetings and events
* Coordinate and process travel arrangements and reimbursements
* Complete purchasing requests using appropriate university procedures
1. Demonstrated experience working in an operational/administrative settling
2. Demonstrated experience providing high-level administrative support for senior leadership positions within a fast-paced, self-directed environment
3. Ability to maintain strict accuracy and be sensitive to details
4. Demonstrated experience coordinating and planning activities, including meetings, projects, and events.
1. Prior experience working in a higher education environment.
2. Previous experience utilizing office and/or accounting systems
Commensurate with experience
January 3, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Holly Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.