● Understanding of enrollment management best practices, demographic trends and the broader higher education landscape.
● Demonstrated success in creating, deploying, and evaluating innovative and creative recruitment strategies and admission programs to anticipate and respond to the evolving higher education marketplace
● An understanding of and ability to work with various databases (Slate and Banner experience preferred) and demonstrated ability to leverage technology to increase efficiency, communication, and access to data and meet the needs and expectations of prospective students. A preference for experience with financial aid optimization models.
● A strong collaborator with a focus on access, growth, and diversity
● Evidence of successful approaches to developing an admission staff with shared vision, motivation and commitment to reach institutional goals
● Experience working with international applicants
● Ability to lead in a complex environment, balancing needs of the region, the institution, strategic internal and external partners, the office, and associated individuals
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to deliver engaging, clear and concise presentations, and exceptional listening skills
● Ability to build and sustain key relationships with faculty, staff, students, and off campus contacts and stakeholders
● A strong knowledge of adult learner and professional student needs
● An analytical approach to leveraging data to effectively manage change and to create strategies that enhance access
● Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to set priorities and keep to deadlines.
● A commitment to diversity and the ability to embrace, articulate, and embody Ut Prosim and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community.
Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience equivalent to a graduate degree or Master’s degree in a related field of study; extensive experience in admissions, experience working with diverse individuals, excellent communication skills, ability to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information, experience in development and delivery of complex reports.
Background in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM).
Experience in graduate student admission
$130,000 - $150,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.