The objective of the IT Software Licensing Specialist is to identify, deploy and administer enterprise and/or individual software licenses and assist with the distribution of those licenses to the Virginia Tech community. In particular, this position will be responsible to assist with the management of the university’s Microsoft and Adobe contracts. Additional duties the position oversees and manages include providing support for a host of other approved software applications. The successful candidate will have some experience in the administration of software licenses and user access on multiple software consoles.
- Assisting with contract administration for software license renewals
- Establishing and maintaining productive vendor relationships
- Ordering and delivery oversight
- Assisting with license deployment
- Supporting end users
The candidate will have the ability to develop software instructions and test new application deployments. Experience with Oracle applications and the Cobblestone Contract Management System is a plus. Higher Education work dealing with the management of software licenses and their deployment preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office licensing structure, product offerings, and applications preferred.
The position requires customer service skills and experience with active listening, problem-solving, and communication. The ideal candidate will support upwards of 133 individual campus offices and staff. The candidate will also provide support to 33,000 students and routinely fields and supports inquiries, assists with problem resolution, and helps resolve issues requiring technical intervention.
Additional responsibilities include the ability to lead projects and work with key functional personnel from the ITPALS organizational units to help effectively plan the team’s work. The successful candidate will assist in setting team priorities, managing workflow and assignments, and have the ability to act as a liaison to other project teams, university departments, and contract vendors.
- Documented experience in working with contracts, reseller agreements, software licensing management, and deployment
- Previous experience working as a member of a team
- Some previous experience setting team priorities, managing workflow and assignments
- Experience in the use of Windows and Mac operating systems and Microsoft Suite
- Some working knowledge of cloud computing technology processes and user administration for example, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Ability to use Excel in the development of pivot tables, macros, charting, etc.
- Previous project management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle relational databases and similar programming languages desirable
- Experience with Linux and server management
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Ability to develop HTML and other programming languages is desirable
- Experience with Oracle applications and the Cobblestone Contract Management System
- Higher Education work dealing with the management of software licenses and their deployment
$40,000 - $45,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.