The Leave Analyst is a key position on the Benefits Team in the Division of Human Resources. The position is responsible for providing leave information to members of the University community regarding the Virginia Sickness & Disability Program (VSDP), Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Virginia Tech leave benefits and polices. The Analyst serves as a resource to employees and department administrators/supervisors to help with interpreting and applying university policies/practices and works closely with other areas within Human Resources to ensure that leave benefits are accurate and with Payroll to ensure accuracy of pay. The Leave Analyst conducts reviews and assists with ensuring compliance with federal and state policies/procedures and assists with administering the university leave system.
• Previous human resources and leave program administration experience.
• Strong customer service, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Computer skills to include demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar.
• Excellent oral and written communication interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a diverse employee population with varying benefits.
• Ability to organize, plan, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously within established deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and effectively relay information related to policies and procedures to employees.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
• Degree in human resources or a related field.
• Experience using large relational HRIS databases such as Banner in a high volume fast-paced setting.
• Experience administering leave benefits using an online leave reporting system.
• Working knowledge of university and state policies and procedures related to human resources (specifically leave).
• Experience with employee deductions and other human resource/payroll transactions.
• Strong understanding of FMLA, STD, LTD and other leave regulations and experience providing guidance to employees, supervisors or other stakeholders to ensure compliance at multiple levels (federal, state).
• Experience creating and\or maintaining documentation such as procedures and training materials and the ability to deliver training information to large groups of people.
Commensurate with experience with a salary range of $40,000-$44,000 per year
February 7, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Marisela Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.