Title: Military Store Clerks - Full-time
Hiring Range: $31,200($15/hr),plus Generous Benefits Package
Agency: Virginia Military Institute
Location: Virginia Military Institute
Agency Website: www.vmi.edu
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
VMI is accepting applications for full-time Military Store Clerks.
Primary responsibility is measuring and fitting of uniform items for all Cadets. Other duties include providing customer service in the Military Store, executing sales & charge transactions, maintaining ongoing inventory & maintaining records as needed.
• Basic training, experience and knowledge of alterations, measurements, and fitting clothing.
• Ability to physically lift merchandise (up to 50lbs) to stock shelves and move inventory as needed.
• Knowledge of cash register/credit card operations, inventory procedures & basic mathematics desired.
• Must be self-motivated, customer-oriented, possess excellent communications skills & enjoy working in a team atmosphere.
• Valid motor vehicle driver’s license required.
• Extensive training, experience, and knowledge of alterations, measurements, and fitting clothing.
• Experience in MS Windows – Excel, Word, Access preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Online applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Name: Tamara Wade
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.