The photographer/videographer role is responsible for supporting internal/employee communications content and contributing to programs that actively engage a multitude of audiences impacted by the Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities (CPIF).
Reporting to the Director of CPIF Communications, the photographer/videographer will provide photo and video content for use on the division’s website, in print publications, in advertising, in public relations outreach, across social media platforms, in email communications, and in other media as needs arise.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to execute communications plans, strong writing skills, and a natural ability to think strategically while delivering tactical results. This role works with divisional leadership to communicate new information and promote the division’s mission and values.
This position is Hybrid telework eligible.
• Experience as a photographer/videographer
• Detailed knowledge of photography/videography art and lighting
• Customer focus with a desire to over deliver on quality
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and consistently deliver high quality results on time and on budget.
• Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven, and collaborative.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with partners and staff at all levels.
• Proficiency with editing software such as PhotoShop.
• Proficient in independently scheduling and executing photo and video shoots.
• Knowledge of Virginia Tech operations.
• Experience creating content in the construction industry
• Experience developing photos and videos for a variety of social media platforms including Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Experience using project management tools such as Wrike
Commensurate with Experience
January 9, 2023
• This position is Hybrid telework eligible.
• Work schedule of: 30-36 hours per week to be worked. Hours vary, but include working summer and school break hours. Additional hours to meet the needs of the department.
• Must be able to bend; stoop; and frequently, independently and safely move and handle items weighing up to 100 pounds, or more with assistance, including the ability to reach, push and pull items.
• Some work may be performed in outdoor environment and subject to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) and other weather conditions.
• Employee must use all personal protective equipment and uniforms as directed by supervisor or manager.
• The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact CPIF HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.