In 2021, with a transformational investment, The Boeing Company became the first foundational partner of the Virginia Tech Innovation Campus. Boeing’s historic partnership with the Innovation Campus, which is a hallmark of its deep investment within Virginia Tech more broadly, will help diversify the technology industry talent pipeline and bolster the Washington, D.C. region as a global innovation hub. The partnership and the Innovation Campus have reached a developmental milestone where, in order to continue to deliver with excellence, a program manager is needed to serve as a bridge between the partners to ensure program success.
Reporting to the Principal Partnerships Officer, the Program Manager will connect Boeing and Virginia Tech Innovation Campus teams, and other internal and external constituents, including main campus. The Program Manager will ensure plans are implemented, ,will be accountable for and encouraging of individual business functions so as to accomplish and report out on strategic initiatives.
The Program Manager’s primary duties will include program and service delivery, project implementation and managing logistics and engagement activities, specifically:
• Manage daily workflow, coordinate and schedule meetings with industry partners, faculty members, university representatives, and other constituents and support operations of meetings.
• Proactively build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and goals of the Boeing/VT partnership.
• Oversee and document regular status communications and coordinate touchpoints with corporate partners and university staff to advance strategic initiatives.
• Create, manage and track KPIs on the annual planning calendar which incorporates tracks for K12 and STEM education, diversity initiatives, corporate recruiting, engagement activities for Boeing Graduate Scholars and Innovation Campus students in general.
• Collaborate on reporting by maintaining documentation and tracking of initiatives and reporting out at regular status meetings and sharing written updates to Boeing and VT Innovation Campus and main campus teams.
• Lead the execution of student and partner engagement activities and provide logistical support for orchestrated campus visits, tours, and other activities; when necessary, prepare materials to support the agendas and create meeting minutes for distribution.
• Bachelor’s degree with training and experience equivalent to a graduate level degree or Master's degree
• Experience providing program and project management in a customer-oriented professional or academic setting and interacting with students, faculty, and industry and/or government
• Demonstrated proficiency with current MS Office and other software applications including database management systems, electronic mail, and presentation applications
• Must possess strong professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency
• Excellent organization and time management skills with strict attention to detail
• Must be energized by working VIP events and organizing high level meetings
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Strong customer service philosophy and bias for action
• Prior experience in working with VIPs, high level projects, programs, and communications
• Working knowledge of university academic and operational policies and procedures
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.