When was the last time you changed the world?
In Virginia Tech’s Division of Student Affairs, that’s exactly what we’re doing every day—guiding, nurturing, and supporting students as they learn and grow into the leaders and world-changers of today and tomorrow.
We’re currently searching for a Program Coordinator to join our New Student and Family Programs team in Blacksburg, VA to help us in our mission. So, if you’re passionate about providing outstanding service to new students and their families, please keep reading.
Here’s what you need to know about the role:
• You’ll be joining the New Student and Family Programs team; a department centered on enhancing the student transition experience by fostering inclusive, supportive, and learning-centered experiences.
• You’ll be reporting to the Associate Director, in a Regular twelve-month, 100% administrative professional appointment.
• You’ll be responsible for engaging directly with students and families; designing and implementing social programs for campus community building; developing educational content; and facilitating leadership experiences for students.
• You’ll have the chance to grow and take advantage of a developmental plan with opportunities to advance within the Department and the Division.
• You’ll be offered a base compensation package between $45,000-$48,000, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, paid leave, retirement, tuition assistance, VT discounts, and so much more!
• Bachelor’s degree in education, hospitality, communications, or a related field
• Demonstrated experience working with people in an environment that serves and/or develops others such as the fields of education or hospitality/event management
• Demonstrated experience fostering diverse and inclusive environments and establishing positive, productive working relationships with diverse groups of constituents
• Experience designing and implementing programs and/or large-scale events
• Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education, or a related field
• Some work experience in collegiate student affairs, student activities, orientation, transfer programs, or first year programs
• Demonstrated experience and skill in public relations and event communications
• Demonstrated capacity and skill with organizing a wide range of varied tasks efficiently and effectively
$45,000 - $48,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
About Student Affairs
Student Affairs at Virginia Tech fosters a community where each student creates a customized experience to meet their goals. Building on our motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice our Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth. We are actively seeking people to join our community and help us prepare leaders for the world. Our people in Student Affairs are committed to student well-being and assuring that all students Experience VT by demonstrating, supporting, and operationalizing our Aspirations for Student Learning. If you are someone dedicated to ensuring student success, then we want you to consider being a part of our team!
The team in New Student and Family Programs holds a deep passion for working with people, taking initiative (and following through), and we are genuinely excited to continuously learn and grow our knowledge of the college transition experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Debbie Falls at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.