Virginia Career VIEW is seeking a Project Manager with a calendar-year appointment to contribute to our mission to inform, encourage, and support the education and career development of the people of Virginia. The Project Manager with the rank of Administrative and Professional Faculty coordinates and conducts Virginia Career VIEW's statewide training workshops and outreach in person and online provided for Virginia educators, students, and parents. This position also creates career development curriculum materials and content designed for students in grades K-12, professionals, and parents to promote and support K-12 career development and educational planning and outreach. This content is required to meet Virginia Department of Education K-12 Standards & Instruction, Virginia’s College and Career Readiness Initiatives, and the Standards for School Counseling Programs in Virginia. The position manages the following aspects of business social media for Virginia Career VIEW including: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, workshop marketing, and supervises the Virginia Career VIEW graduate assistant. The Project Manager provides data to the project director on workshops online, synchronous, asynchronous, and in person, outreach, and social media for quarterly and annual reports. This position works with the director to develop proposals for new products and services in cooperation with the Virginia Department of Education and, on occasion, may be asked to develop proposals for funding opportunities.
▪ Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, or a related field with experience in online course management; use and development of resources; and data reporting in both electronic and print formats using various software and applications such as word processing, presentation, and spreadsheets.
▪ Ability to create and manage asynchronous course content for flexible delivery
▪ Familiarity with learning management system tool sets for online course delivery
▪ Experience managing and creating course content in a variety of modalities such as online, synchronous, asynchronous, and in person.
▪ Ability to conduct research as well as create and conduct presentations and workshops in-person or online for professional development points on topics ranging from career- and college-related content in grades K-12 to Virginia Career VIEW website and resources – or expertise in these areas.
▪ Ability to drive to conference locations
▪ Ability to lift to 20 lbs. and set up /take down exhibits and materials
▪ Knowledge and application of the Virginia Department of Education School Counseling Standards, Virginia Standards of Learning, and Virginia College and Career Readiness career development activities customized to the K-12 setting
▪ Routine use of relevant technology in training, presentation, and educational settings
▪ Understanding of social media marketing and management and ability to collect social media data with the use of online social media management programs such as Buffer
▪ Understanding of new career development interventions and programs based on data and ability to apply this understanding when providing and developing outreach materials for Virginia schools
▪ Knowledge of vendor and contract management regarding conferences and workshops
Applicants should include a cover letter and resume with application. Review date will be 02/07/2023 and position will be open until filled.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Katlin Smith at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.