The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute has a new opening for a Proposal Coordinator. This position will report to the VTTI Proposal Manager. The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) conducts research to save lives, time, and money and protect the environment. As one of six premier research institutes created by Virginia Tech to answer national challenges, VTTI is continually advancing transportation through innovation and has affected public policy on national and international levels. The Proposal Coordinator will provide high level organization with regard to proposal development activities, team communications, and tracking proposals and funding opportunities, with a significant focus on federal proposals in collaboration with the university's Office of Sponsored Programs.
• Collaborate with Grants Specialists and Proposal Manager to maintain and develop the proposal schedule to ensure response plans account for requirements and other existing deadlines and to monitor for resource balancing.
• Conduct proposal kickoff meetings.
• Create proposal timelines and compliance matrices.
• Collaborate with Proposal Manager, Grants Specialists, OSP, and other stakeholders to manage multiple proposal tasks and support proposal operations activities.
• Interpret technical and management requirements of solicitations.
• Work with the Proposal Manager to facilitate the proposal process from inception to timely submission. Work with faculty, internal team and OSP to process accurate, thorough, and timely responses and submissions to solicitations from federal agencies.
• Develop compliant, responsive, and accurate cost analysis.
• Take part in providing training related to VTTI proposal submission and/or proposal budgeting process as needed.
• Provide guidance regarding federal and university policies and procedures, and sponsor requirements.
• Practice quality budget development as required by the Federal Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements (2 CFR 200)
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A degree in public or business administration, finance, communications, political science, history, English, or related field(s) with exception for lesser degree and commensurate experience.
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
• Strong experience with office software packages.
•Ability to lead and work independently.
• Demonstrated experience in interpreting policies and procedures.
• Experience in budget development and management.
• Experience building tools, processes, and strategies to facilitate efficient and effective proposal submissions.
• Knowledge of university, federal, and/or non-federal regulations and guidelines, cost principles, and uniform administrative requirements for grants and contracts.
Commensurate with experience, starting at $60k
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisa Eichelberger at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.