Applications are invited for a Research Associate Professor position (non-tenure track) with the Systems Software Research Group (http://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/) at Virginia Tech. The position involves investigating innovative system software architectures for emerging hardware in cloud and edge computing settings, in particular those with heterogeneous instruction sets, accelerators, programmable devices, I/O virtualization, and capabilities/tagging, toward improved performance, energy efficiency, and security properties.
The position's responsibilities include:
- conducting independent research
- developing publications for journals, conferences, and workshops, and presenting papers at conferences and workshops
- conducting technology transitions to production systems of sponsors (in relevant projects)
- developing research proposals for obtaining externally sponsored research
- PhD in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field with a systems background.
- Systems is broadly defined to include operating systems/hypervisors, compilers/run-times, reconfigurable systems, and embedded/real-time systems.
- Programming expertise with open-source OS, compiler/run-time, or reconfigurable toolchains.
- Demonstrated success in proposal development and project management of extramural funded programs.
- Scholarship and publications commensurate with a research associate professor level.
- Experience mentoring student and junior lab personnel.
Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact K Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.