As a key member of the Academic Resource Management team, the Senior Financial Planning Analyst will use their analytical skills to support the strategic deployment of financial resources to the academic enterprise. This role will be responsible for a variety of tasks that inform decision-making at various levels of the institution. An ability to synthesize information to draw conclusions and provide recommendations will be paramount when fulfilling key duties:
• Synthesizing and analyzing various finance and academic data to recommend, refine and publish key insights (e.g. key metrics and performance indicators).
• Develop and optimize financial proformas, forecasts, and models to support existing and proposed programs, projects and university initiatives.
• Supporting the annual academic budget development process and working to advance the evolution of the university’s academic performance budget model.
• Working closely with the Office of Analytics and Institutional Effectiveness to broaden the accessibility of data insights to campus stakeholders.
• Advanced degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field; or a bachelor's degree in a related field with equivalent experience/training.
• Significant experience in accounting, budgeting, and/or financial analysis.
• Experience gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting complex information.
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel to include use of advanced formulas and functions.
• Demonstrated experience in a detail oriented position where accuracy of data and information is critical.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Experience with budgeting and/or financial planning within higher education
• Proven experience with databases, functional querying, and/or data mining (e.g. SQL, DAX, etc.)
January 9, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Each agency within the Commonwealth of Virginia is dedicated to recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force. Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for sharing this job
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Virginia uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes. To check your current eligibility visit Self Check.